Bûche De Noël Cake Class with Josh - Dec 16, 3pm-6pm
Class date & time: Sunday, Dec 16 from 3pm-6pm
Creating a classic Holiday staple is easier than you think! We will make this elegant centerpiece from start to finish in this Scratch baked class.
This class welcomes all skill levels as we cover every step in creating this picture-perfect Yule Log!
Techniques and concepts covered in this hands on class:
- Mixing Method for Egg Foam Cakes.
- Panning and Baking of a swiss roll cake.
- Depanning and cooling a roll cake properly.
- How To make, pipe and bake meringue mushrooms.
- How to make a whipped filling.
- Filling and rolling a Jelly Roll.
- Tips for icing awkward shapes with buttercream.
- Garnishing our Buche de Noel.
Equipment and supplies are included for use during the class along with instruction, live demonstrations and guidance throughout.
You will leave with a fully decorated cake in a bakery box and a copy of the recipes used. Students also receive 20% off any in store purchases at our supply shop the day of the class.
Classes are held at #60, 1331 44 Ave NE Calgary and are scheduled for 3 hours, although they can go over or under depending on the pace of the group. Please arrive up to 10 minutes early to get settled in.
Please note that seats are only available for paid participants and that classes are non refundable, nor transferrable to another date once purchased. You may transfer your spot to another person for the same date and time, but must let us know of the new participants information prior to the class.